April is Virginia Vineyard Month!
One of our favorite things about this weekly blog is that we get to share a ton of different information about agriculture…and sometimes that means we get to learn too! All of the different days, weeks and months that relate to agriculture provide a great platform to celebrate the incredibly diversity, and impact, that agriculture has on all of us.
Prime example? April is Virginia Vineyard Month, and we learned some interesting facts about Virginia wine and vineyards that we want to share with you!
- Virginia is the 5th largest wine grape producing state in the U.S.
- There are more than 280 wineries in Virginia and 338 grape growers
- Virginia has approximately 3,800 acres planted in grapes and produces 1.6 million gallons of wine
- Virginia’s wine industry generates $1.37 billion in revenue annually
- And provides 8,218 full time jobs
Want to know more about Virginia Vineyards and Wines? Check out: