Rural communities face challenges like isolation, lack of mental health professionals and perceived stigma around seeking help for mental health concerns. Farmers, ranchers and rural community members need appropriate resources to help manage stress.
To help our customers cope, Farm Credit of the Virginias has sponsored a Member Assistance Program that offers the resources you and your family might need to address personal or work-related challenges. Resources made available through the member Assistance Program & Work-life Services include:
- Assessment and counseling
- Legal services
- Financial services
The program is confidential, free and available 24/7, 365 days a year via phone and online. The online offerings made available include:
- English and Spanish sites available
- 7 content divisions: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Living, Working, and International
- Monthly online seminars and eLearning courses with certificates of completion
- Searchable databases and resource links for child care providers, elder care and related services, adoption resources, attorneys,certified financial planners, pet sitting, private and public high schools and colleges, and volunteer opportunities
- Savings Center: discount shopping program offering up to 25% discounts on name-brand items
- Relocation Center: an interactive program that allows users to preview communities across the U.S.
Farm Stress Training for Farmers & Ranchers
As part of our mission to support rural communities and agriculture during this difficult farm economy, Farm Credit has developed free resources focused on mental health and stress management.