Ag business courses designed for young, beginning and small farmers.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR AG BIZ PLANNER, STARTING JULY 18TH, 2023.
The Farm Credit Knowledge Center offers two e-learning courses for those interested in:
- Launching a new agribusiness
- Growing your business
- Managing a business
- Transitioning to the next generation
Ag business courses were developed by Dr. Dave Kohl, Professor Emeritus of Virginia Tech and are designed for young, beginning and small farmers and agribusinesses.
Not sure which course is right for you? Review our Course Comparison Sheet.
- Ag Biz Basics
- Available year-round.
- A flexible program for new, expanding or transitioning agricultural businesses.
- Work with your lender and be successful in your business.
- Learn cash flow planning.
- Establish written goals, personal and business balance sheets, and income statements
Click HERE to learn more about this course.
- Ag Biz Planner - Now Accepting Applications
- The program begins July 18th, 2023, and runs for 5-6 months.
- There is an application and acceptance process. (Applications are now available)
- The program is taught by Farm Credit University but administered by the Knowledge Center.
- Participants must be young, beginning, small, minority, or veteran farmers looking to expand, add or explore their agriculture business or add an enterprise.
Click HERE for the program flyer and to learn more about this course.
Have a question about the course? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ready to register or need more information? Complete the form below and a member of the Knowledge Center team will contact you.
Planning to Borrow?
You may have reached a point in your agribusiness where you need some financial support in the form of a loan. Before you go to the bank, gather the information that will show your lender that you're creditworthy and a good borrowing candidate.