Ag literacy tools you can use!
We provide various resources to help formal and nonformal ag educators share the agricultural story and to assist with ag literacy efforts.
Are you a formal or nonformal educators, extension agent, 4-H volunteer or FFA advisor? Developed just for you, the KConnection-Educator Edition is a quarterly newsletter containing resources created by the Knowledge Center and our partners, blog posts, special access to printable infographics and more. Join today and let us help you gain access to additional tools you can use as you educate our future leaders in the agriculture industry.
Ag Teaching Materials
Browse our teaching materials which include teaching articles with infographics, teacher resource links, printables and more!
- Animal By-Products Lessons
Everything but the...Series
This series contains infographics and student worksheets covering the topics of by-products and products that come from cows, pigs, sheep, goats and chickens.
- Everything But the Moo
- Everything But the Moo worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Oink
- Everything But the Oink worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Baa
- Everything But the Baa worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Cluck
- Everything But the Cluck worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Bleat
- Everything But the Bleat worksheet Answer key
- Animal Science
Ag Coloring Sheets
- Barn Coloring Sheet
- Beef Cow Coloring Sheet
- Dairy Coloring Sheet
- Pig Coloring Sheet
- Sheep Coloring Sheet
- A Cow is a Cow is a Cow-Breeds of Livestock
- Beef Cattle Production System - Infographic
- Beef Cattle Lifecycle - Infographic
- From Birth to Steak - Where Your Beef Comes From
- Grassfed vs. Grain-fed - Beef Fact Sheet
- Purebred vs. Commercial Cattle - Fact Sheet
- Beef Cows vs. Dairy Cows - Fact Sheet
- Life of a Dairy Calf - Info Sheet
- Milk, Nature's Perfect Drink - Fact Sheet
- Beef Degree of Doneness - Infographic
- Dairy Goat Breeds - Infographic
- Poultry Breeds - Infographic
- Plant Science
- Plants - Plant Life Cycle Infographic
- Common Greenhouse Structures - Infographic
- Corn - From Seed to Harvest - Infographic
- Pumpkins - Pumpkin Patch Facts
- Mushrooms - Fun Facts
- Peanuts - Fun Facts
- Peanut Butter - Fun Facts
- Watermelon - Fun Facts
- Peaches - Fun Facts
Ag in Foods
- Natural Resources
- Soil Erosion in Action-Activity
- The Business Handshake - Handshake guide
- Dress for Success - Dress Code Guide
- Top 10 In-Demand Soft Skills for a Career in Agriculture - Infographic Blog
- Additional Resources
Youth in Ag
Planning to Succeed Curriculum
The Planning to Succeed Curriculum is a financial awareness and preparedness curriculum aimed toward Ag Business classes and Economics and Personal Finance classes. If you are interested in learning more or to see if the curriculum is currently available in your area, please contact Sarah Scyphers at SScyphers@FCVirginias.com.
To view flyer, click here.
Ag facts and infographics for learning and sharing.
The Knowledge Center continually creates infographics that highlight different aspects of agriculture. Feel free to download and use as teaching tools or to share with others!
- General Ag Infographics
- General Commodity Fact Sheets
Grass Finished and Grain Finished Beef - Fact Sheet
- Everything But the... Series*
*We have student worksheets for the series! Worksheets can be found on our Educator Resources page.