Ag literacy tools you can use!
We provide various resources to help formal and nonformal ag educators share the agricultural story and to assist with ag literacy efforts.
Never miss a beat! Sign up to receive a Knowledge Center newsletter.
Are you a formal or nonformal educator, extension agent, 4-H volunteer or FFA advisor? Developed just for you, the KConnection-Educator Edition is a quarterly newsletter containing resources created by the Knowledge Center and our partners, blog posts, special access to printable infographics and more. Join today and let us help you gain access to additional tools you can use as you educate our future leaders in the agriculture industry.
Browse our educator blog page, where you'll find multiple popular articles.
Ag Teaching Materials
Browse our teaching materials, including articles with infographics, resource links, printables and more!
- Everything But the...animal by-product series
This series contains infographics and student worksheets covering the topics of by-products and products that come from cattle, pigs, sheep, goats and poultry. You will find all Everything But the resources here.
- Soft Skills Curriculum
NEW! Request access to our new soft skills curriculum. The curriculum, geared toward middle and high school students, contains six units covering the following topics:
- Social Skills
- Etiquette and Ethics
- Putting Skills to the Test
- Animal Science
Ag Coloring Sheets
- Barn Coloring Sheet
- Beef Cow Coloring Sheet
- Dairy Coloring Sheet
- Pig Coloring Sheet
- Sheep Coloring Sheet
- A Cow is a Cow is a Cow-Breeds of Livestock
- Beef Cattle Production System - Infographic
- Beef Cattle Lifecycle - Infographic
- From Birth to Steak - Video Infographic
- Grassfed vs. Grain-fed - Beef Fact Sheet
- Purebred vs. Commercial Cattle - Fact Sheet
- Beef Cows vs. Dairy Cows - Fact Sheet
- Life of a Dairy Calf - Info Sheet
- Milk, Nature's Perfect Drink - Fact Sheet
- Beef Degree of Doneness - Infographic
- Dairy Goat Breeds - Infographic
- Poultry Breeds - Infographic
- Plant Science
- Plants - Plant Life Cycle Infographic
- My Little Greenhouse - Activity
- Common Greenhouse Structures - Infographic
- Corn - From Seed to Harvest - Infographic
AgBite-A Series of Commodity Insights
- Pumpkin - Pumpkin Patch Facts AgBite Activities Crossword Puzzle Key
- Tomato - AgBite Crossword Puzzle Key
- Watermelon - AgBite Fun Facts Crossword Puzzle Key
- Peach - AgBite Fun Facts Crossword Puzzle Key
- Strawberry - AgBite Activities Crossword Puzzle Key
- Cantaloupe - AgBite Crossword Puzzle Key
- Apple - Coming Soon!
- Corn - Coming Soon!
- Wheat - Coming Soon!
Ag in Foods
- What's in Pizza! - What's in a Slice of Pizza
- Sourdough Bread - All About Sourdough Fact Sheet
- Tacos! - Ag in Every Bite!
- August is National Sandwich Month - Sandwich Fun Facts
- Natural Resources
- Soil Erosion in Action-Activity
- Financial Literacy Curriculum-Planning to Succeed
The Planning to Succeed Curriculum is a financial awareness and preparedness curriculum aimed toward Ag Business classes and Economics and Personal Finance classes. Currently, the curriculum is only available within the states served by Farm Credit of the Virginias (Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland (Allegany and Garrett counties only).
- The Business Handshake - Handshake guide
- Dress for Success - Dress Code Guide
- Top 10 In-Demand Soft Skills for a Career in Agriculture - Infographic Blog
- Additional Resources
Youth in Ag
Ag facts and infographics for learning and sharing
The Knowledge Center continually creates infographics that highlight different aspects of agriculture. Feel free to download and use as teaching tools or to share with others!
- General Ag Infographics
- General Commodity Fact Sheets
Grass Finished and Grain Finished Beef - Fact Sheet