Welcome to the Educator Resources section of the Knowledge Center. We will be posting lesson plan ideas, teaching tools and other resources to help formal and non-formal educators share the agricultural story with children, youth, and adults in a variety of ways!
We look forward to sharing fun and unique ways to teach about agriculture!
Planning to Succeed Curriculum
The Planning to Succeed Curriculum is a financial awareness and preparedness curriculum aimed toward Ag Business classes and Economics and Personal Finance classes. If you are interested in learning more or to see if the curriculum is currently available in your area, please contact Sarah Scyphers at SScyphers@FCVirginias.com.
To view flyer, click here.
Browse our teaching materials which include teaching articles with infographics, teacher resource links, printables and more!
To access our Everything But The...series, click on Animal Science!
- Animal Science
Everything but the...Series
This series contains infographics and student worksheets covering the topics of by-products and products that come from cows, pigs, sheep, goats and chickens.
- Everything But the Moo
- Everything But the Moo worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Oink
- Everything But the Oink worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Baa
- Everything But the Baa worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Cluck
- Everything But the Cluck worksheet Answer key
- Everything But the Bleat
- Everything But the Bleat worksheet Answer key
Ag Coloring Sheets
- Barn Coloring Sheet
- Beef Cow Coloring Sheet
- Dairy Coloring Sheet
- Pig Coloring Sheet
- Sheep Coloring Sheet
- A Cow is a Cow is a Cow-Breeds of Livestock
- Beef Cattle Production System - Infographic
- Beef Cattle Lifecycle - Infographic
- From Birth to Steak - Where Your Beef Comes From
- Grassfed vs. Grainfed - Beef Fact Sheet
- Purebred vs. Commercial Cattle - Fact Sheet
- Beef Cows vs. Dairy Cows - Fact Sheet
- Life of a Dairy Calf - Info Sheet
- Milk, Nature's Perfect Drink - Fact Sheet
- Beef Degree of Doneness - Infographic
- Dairy Goat Breeds - Infographic
- Poultry Breeds - Infographic
- Plant Science
- Pumpkins - Pumpkin Patch Facts
- Mushrooms - Fun Facts
- Peanuts - Fun Facts
- Peanut Butter - Fun Facts
- Watermelon - Fun Facts
- Peaches - Fun Facts
Ag in Foods
- What's in Pizza! - What's in a Slice of Pizza
- Sourdough Bread - All About Sourdough Fact Sheet
- Tacos! - Ag in Every Bite!
- Natural Resources
- Soil Erosion in Action-Activity
"Ag-Vocacy" (Agriculture Advocacy)
- Advocacy "Pocket Card"
- The Business Handshake - Handshake guide
- Dress for Success - Dress Code Guide
- Top 10 In-Demand Soft Skills for a Career in Agriculture - Infographic Blog
- Additional Resources
Youth in Ag
Careers in Agriculture Booklets and Presentations
Looking to assist students in the exploration of careers in agriculture? We have state-specific booklets and accompanying PowerPoint presentations that include top ag careers, higher education institutions with ag programs, sample resume template, infographics on how to dress for success and handshake etiquette.
- Careers in Agriculture Booklets and Presentations
The One-Page Business Plan
Having a written plan continues to be one of the most important tools for any business. Introduce students to a One-Page Business Plan! Our booklet, with accompanying PowerPoint presentation, covers the topic of what a business plan is, One-Page Business Plan template instructions, how to complete a 5-line Income Statement and a 7-line Budget.
- One-Page Business Plan Booklet and Presentation
Advocating for Agriculture - "Ag-vocating"
Being a voice for agriculture is more important than ever, and so is learning how to do this effectively. Introduce students to advocacy with our booklet and accompanying presentation that covers how to advocate, how to tell your "story", fact gathering and how to put it all together. This booklet prepares students for conversations with legislative leaders.