Request access by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
By definition, Soft Skills are the transferable skills needed by an individual to make them “employable.” Soft skills may also be known as employment, work-readiness, or foundational skills.
Why are they so valuable?
- Employers are not only looking for individuals with good technical understanding and subject knowledge; they are often looking for candidates with developing expertise, knowledge base or mindset that will make them a more valuable employee.
- Individuals with soft skills can continually improve their performance, minimize errors, collaborate with coworkers, and perform their roles more effectively.
- A candidate with a broader set of skills will stand out against other candidates with similar qualifications and experience.
Soft Skills Curriculum
The curriculum consists of six units covering the most sought-after soft skills. Unit lessons can take anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Feel free to adapt the outline to fit your classroom style!
- Problem-solving and Decision Making
- Social Skills
- Planning and Organization
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Etiquette and Ethics
- Social Media
- Dress Codes
- Putting your skills to the test
- Cover Letter
- Putting it all together
Request Access Here:
Questions? Please feel free to contact the Farm Credit Knowledge Center at KnowledgeCenter@FCVirginias.com.