The youth agricultural loan program provides active youths with a loan program that will afford them the opportunity to establish and operate income-producing projects. This project will teach them independent financial responsibility and valuable skills on acquiring and handling their projects.
The Youth Agricultural Loan Program will provide financial resources for the following purchases:
- Marketable livestock for show/sale projects (Ex: Breeding animals, etc...)
- Crop or aquatic production projects (Ex: Growing grains, seaweed or oyster production, etc...)
- Loan Conditions
- Active youths between the ages of 9-18
- Loan for initial application up to $1,500, following repayment from initial loan, future requests will be considered up to $5,000
- Project must be a qualified youth project and income producing
- Competitive interest rate
- No fees
- Co-signed by parents/guardian
- Proof of membership
- Loan Approval
- Parent/guardian co-sign, unless legal age (18) and creditworthy on own merit
- Realistic plan for project and repayment
Give us a call at 800-919-3276 (FARM) or contact us to request an application for the Youth Agricultural Loan Program from Farm Credit.
"I've been working with Farm Credit since I was 15 years old with the youth loan program. That program really helped me to expand what I do and understand the financial side of it."