2019 Annual Meeting Election Results
Director Election Results
Our recent election has resulted in the following individuals being re-elected to serve as members of our Board of Directors. Their four-year term will commence January 1, 2020.
Charles (Chuck) E. Horn, Jr. (incumbent)
Mr. Horn owns and operates Delta Springs LLC, a poultry and replacement dairy heifer farm in Mt. Solon, VA. Mr. Horn currently serves on the Valley Conservation Council board of directors, and has been a member of the North River Ruritan Club for 30 years, currently serving as treasurer.
Charles B. Leech, IV (incumbent)
Mr. Leech is an owner/operator of the family’s farm, Ingleside Dairy Farm, Inc. and serves as President. Mr. Leech serves as a director on the Rockbridge Farmers’ Cooperative Board and a director of Virginia State Dairymen’s Association.
John E. Wells (incumbent)
Mr. Wells is a full-time beef farmer. He is a member of the West Virginia Cattlemen’s Association, Wirt County Farm Bureau, and is vice president of the Jackson County Calf Pool Cooperative and serves on the AgFirst Farm Credit Council Board. Mr. Wells also serves as director for the Wirt County Group, Inc.
Nominating Committee Results
The elected members of the 2020 Nominating Committee have been selected for a one-year term beginning January 1, 2020. The newly elected members are:
Seat 1 (Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, and Stafford Counties, VA)
- Benjamin (Ben) Gray Smith
- Christopher Pearmund
- William Paul Lawrence, II (1st alternate)
- M. Willson (Woody) Offutt, IV (2nd alternate)
Seat 3 (Rockingham County, VA)
- Randy L. Seal
- Jeffrey A. Patterson
- Stephen W. Bazzle (1st alternate)
- Nelson (Marty) M. Diehl, II (2nd alternate)
Seat 7 (Floyd, Franklin, Henry, Montgomery and Patrick Counties, VA)
- Bryan D. Matthews
- Lynn R. Flora
- Charles R. King, Jr. (1st alternate)
- Randell Scott Gearhart (2nd alternate)
Seat 8 (Bland, Carroll, Giles, Grayson, Pulaski, Smyth, Tazewell and Wythe Counties, VA)
- Nathan A. Aker
- Nathan T. Osborne
- Fred D. Rodgers, Jr. (1st alternate)
- Matthew K. Heldreth (2nd alternate)
Call to Serve
Do you want to get more involved with your local Farm Credit cooperative? Well here’s your chance! Each year, Farm Credit of the Virginias (FCV) hold elections for its Board of Directors and Nominating Committee.
Annually, FCV holds elections for director positions. The Board of Directors is responsible for the oversight and conduct of the Association’s affairs. The Board determines the strategic direction for the Association, formulates policies, provides supervision, and promotes the Association’s welfare. Directors serve a four-year term. In 2020, four director seats will be up for election. Potential director candidates will be selected from the following counties:
- Seat 1 – Paul M. House, incumbent director: Arlington, Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William, and Stafford Counties, VA
- Seat 3 – Kevin C. Craun, incumbent director: Rockingham County, VA
- Seat 7 – Barry W. Shelor, incumbent director: Floyd, Franklin, Henry, Montgomery and Patrick Counties, VA
- Seat 8 – Alfred W. Stephens, Jr., incumbent director: Bland, Carroll, Giles, Grayson, Pulaski, Smyth, Tazewell and Wythe Counties, VA
Also annually, members are elected to serve on the Nominating Committee. This committee is responsible for selecting a slate of candidates for the next year’s election. The Nominating Committee that is elected in 2020 will be looking at director candidates for 2021. Nominating Committee members serve a one-year term. In 2020, potential nominating committee candidates will be selected from the following counties:
- Seat 10 – Ronald L. Bennett, incumbent director: Alleghany, Bath, Craig and Highland Counties, VA and Fayette, Greenbrier, McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Raleigh, Randolph, Summers, Upshur, Webster, and Wyoming Counties, WV
- Seat 13 – Donna M. Brooke-Alt, incumbent director: Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Mineral and Pendleton Counties, WV
- Seat 12 – James F. Kinsey, incumbent director: Allegany and Garrett Counties, MD and Barbour, Harrison, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Taylor, Tucker, and Wetzel Counties, WV
- Seat 6 – Donald W. Reese, incumbent director: Halifax and Pittsylvania Counties, VA
If you are interested in serving or would like to make a nomination please contact your local branch office at 1-800-919-3276 or contact our Corporate Secretary, Melissa Driver, at 540-801-0192 Ext. 5246.
About Farm Credit of the Virginias
Farm Credit of the Virginias provides over $1.8 billion dollars in financing to more than 11,000 farmers, agribusinesses and rural homeowners throughout Virginia, West Virginia and western Maryland. Farm Credit is a cooperative capitalized largely through investments made by farmers, ranchers and the rural homeowners and businesses that borrow from them. In fact, as part of a nationwide network they are the largest single provider of agricultural credit in the United States and have been for over 100 years. Farm Credit helps maintain and improve the quality of life in rural America and on the farm through its constant commitment to competitive lending, expert financial services and for facilitating and sharing knowledge and resources through the Farm Credit Knowledge Center. For more information, visit www.FarmCreditKnowledgeCenter.com or www.FarmCreditofVirginias.com.